QR Code

Travel And Transportation


If you are unable to use the accelerated check-in tools (curbside check in, electronic kiosk, or online boarding pass) when flying or if you are required to undergo additional checkpoint screening each time you fly, please contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Office of the Ombudsman. The agency has developed a procedure to expedite the check-in and screening process for individuals who repeatedly experience delays. When you contact TSA, a representative will assist you; however, the entire process could take up to 45 days to complete. You may call TSA toll-free at 1-866-289-9673 or you can click the "Contact Us" button at the TSA website.

For tips about what you can or cannot take on an airplane or what to do if your luggage is lost or damaged by airport screeners please go to the Transportation Security Agency website.

Should you have a complaint about an airline you can contact:

Aviation Consumer Protection Division
Department of Transportation
400 7thStreet SW
Washington, DC 20590
Website: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov


If you have questions about schedules or are a passenger with special needs, go to the Amtrak website.


To learn about local transportation services, contact the Iowa Department of Transportation Office (DOT) for your area. DOT phone numbers are located in your telephone book under State Government or you can go on-line to their website.

Handicapped Parking Permits

Iowa law provides for issuance of such permits that may be used to identify motor vehicles operated by or being used to transport physically handicapped persons. An application requires a physician's signature. To apply, contact your local Iowa Driver's License Bureau.

Auto Safety

Complaints on auto safety can be referred to the Auto Safety Hotline at: 1-800-424-9393.

International Travel

The U.S. State Department website offers extensive information on traveling abroad, including travel warnings, how to get a passport, and visa requirements for Americans.

You can also download the passport forms from the US Postal Service web page.